Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

one hundred.

Well this is our one hundredth blog post so I'm going to let you in on one of my favourite things....
MOVIES

Source: weheartit.com via Meg on Pinterest





Ever since I was young I've loved movies. Never really comedies... although I did love them. I was always about a script, something written like a book and something that visually blew my mind (and I'm not talking about special effects, I mean cut and put together well, beautiful cinematography).
So from time to time I thought I'd share some new films we've seen or some old favourites.

What better place to start then my top 7 movies (for each day of the week) in no particular order

1) Fight Club- I watched this young with few friends, it freaked them out a bit, but it sparked something within me. Since I have read most of Chuck Palahniuk books and watch nearly all of Edward Nortons films.

2) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- This was the first time I took Jim Carey seriously. I am a big fan of Michel Gondrys music clips and thought this movie was amazingly beautiful.

3) Memento- What the hey... Any film by Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins, Inception, The Prestige etc) is amazing. I think he is my favourite writer/director. He turns a complex script into art on a screen

4) Into the Wild- To show I'm not all about weird, twisted movies I also like something that inspires you, although this movie is sad it makes me want to travel the world and sell all my possessions.

5) Lord of the Rings- All three shows that good blockbuster can be made and that a book can be translated to the big screen

6) Snatch- Although all of Guy Ritchies films are the same, the way they are put together with great shots, music and actors makes me laugh and appriciate the art of film.

7) Life is Beautiful- Although I was only 10 when I watched this movie, it changed my life. If you haven't seen it yet... do so now.

There you have it. I've left alot of movies out, and might have a new list in 6 months but this sums me up pretty good I think.

What's your favourite movie?

-morgan-

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...